(Credit to Barb for the title)
Finally, we can head out for some much-needed R&R. This year we are still treading carefully after all the covid restrictions etc and have decided to stay in Nova Scotia and head for Cape Breton! Fortunately, our backyard is incredibly beautiful, and we don’t have to go too far for a great adventure!
We are travelling in a convoy of three vehicles comprising of:
1. Ram Dually 3500 – King Bundutop, added canopy and room and square back bunduawn with walls.
2. Ford F150 – Standard Bundutop, added canopy and half wing bunduawn.
3. Landrover Defender x 110 (2022) Standard Bundutop
All three vehicles are totally rigged out for off grid travelling and exploring., with fridges, travel ovens, hot water systems, solar panels, dual battery setups, kayaks and so much more.
We head out tomorrow for two weeks, to explore the hidden gems of Cape Breton.
Dropping off our two rotties early and head towards Cape Breton, meeting up with our great mates on the way up. First night stay not planned, in fact nothing is set in stone, let’s just see what hidden gems we will come across.
As we go along, we will be posting hopefully every two days or so if we have reception and hope you follow along and enjoy this adventure with us…
Thanks to Landrover Halifax for their excellent customer service and help getting me my Defender before our trip! The best customer service and what a fantastic rig! I just love it… contact them for your defender 🙂
Many thanks go out to Isaak Cape Breton Overlanding for helping us find some great spots in Cape Breton. He offers a self drive vehicle and will be offering tours too. He is extremely knowledgeable on Cape Breton so if you are heading up their way give him a shout!
Sandpipers are now in stock!
Below are all the specs for the tent, however this will not give you the real idea of how great the tent is! Durable and strong with updated fabric to 600D poly oxford ripstop, waterproof and worry free camping!
FREE shipping in Canada to your nearest Day & Ross Hub
- Tent Body: 600D rip stop Polyester oxford, W/R W/P PU 2500mm
- Rainfly Fly: 420D rip stop Polyester Oxford PU 2500mm, W/P, W/R. Fireproof coated elevated above body of tent for better ventilation
- Mattress: High Density 75mm,
- Base:Light Weight diamond base with plastic insulation Alu alloy connectors
- Mattress cover – sides and bottom covered in vinyl to prevent moisture wicking , Poly cotton top. Cover is removable.
- Bungee cords that do not pop open- aids-pulls in the side walls when collapsing the tent.
- Screens: no-see-um mesh Internal storage pockets to keep all your essentials handy.
- Travel Cover: Heavy Duty 680g 1200 Density, PVC sealed with Zip, UV resistant strong.
- Travel Cover Straps stronger, stainless steel clasp, straps will not come loose.
- Internal Frame: Aluminium Pole dia 12″
- Internal frame covered
- Led light strip and bag
- 1mm skirt around base of tent in black poly-cotton
- Window in the Extension our OEM window
- Ladder: Aluminium Telescopic Ladder adjustable to 2.36m
- Ladder on the inside of Annex room
- Gear bags: Bag can be inserted behind or on the sides of the ladder even on the side of the base if not using the annex room Window on veranda
- Cable Inlets: Two velcro-sealed cable inlets (very useful for devices powered from within your car)
- Pockets for window and entrance pegs to go through
- Weight bar on the bottom to prevent the wind blowing in
- Additional tie downs for high winds
- Snap to hold the tent fabric in place when closing the tent
- Adjustable Straps for tie downs
- Annex : Orange rip stop 420D poly oxford Adjustable height 190-210cm
- Annex Floor see attached image
- Fabric : 420D Polyester Oxford PU 2500mm, W/P Adjustable height 1.8m-2.1m
- Annex attachment to base and Attaches to the bottom of the tent for additional space for any use.
- Removable PVC Floor which attaches to annex room base with high quality Zip
- Two entry doors as well as two windows, no-see-um netting on the windows
- 1 pcs bar on the annex door
- An additional PVC window on the veranda of the tent, with zippered privacy screen
- Weight Bar and velcro strip on the bottom of the annex door to prevent wind blowing in
- Additional pegs on either side of the door to prevent the annex from lifting when unzipping from the bottom.
- Universal mounting system, fits on just about any roof rack (this is a sturdy product, please check static and dynamic load capacity of your roof rack specifications) Avoids damage by not getting in contact with the car roof and can easily be removed from roof bars.
- Entrance can be mounted either to the side or the back of the vehicle
- Two extra large gear bags
- Stainless steel 304 for all mounting parts
Wildcoasttents to see more info on our roof top tents
Want the best roof top tent, come to Wild Coast Tents! We have you covered!
Imagine for a second, a roof top tent that is actually made with quality fabrics, features that enhance the usability of the tent.
No gimmicks, no need to pay additional for anti condensation mats, or for an annex room or travel cover.
Light strips included with each tent, additionally a solid fly included for all the sky light models that you can use for shoulder seasons! Not to mention FREE Shipping to your local hubs!
Service that is second to none, even after purchase. we will not leave you hanging!..
This is what you get when you buy a roof top tent from Wild Coast Tents!
Thicker fabrics, more tie down points, thicker mattress and internal structure. Covered internal frame. Verandah window with mesh that zippers open. Mattress that is protected from moisture wicking. Much thicker rainfly…. so many features, compare our quality and price .. we come out on top on all levels.
Always standing behind our products 100%
Join our Wild Coast Roof Top Tent Family!
United Kingdom, USA, South Africa, you name it … our roof top tents are shipping all over the place now!
Join our roof top tent family!
Our roof top tents are specially made for our Canadian climate, our quality and service is second to none. All come with annex room and floor, all with travel cover, feature window in verandah and quality fabric used on all tents.
Snomaster Expedition fridge/freezers are another excellent quality product which has exceptional warranty.
Our extreme ground tents will be here shortly from Russia with love 🙂 We put these tents to the test this winter and i have never been more impressed with a ground tent. They all come double walled with a chimney cut out and zippered floor. Add an insulated floor and Gstove and you will never be cold in these tents! Check them out at bereg-canada.com/
We also offer Paybright for easy payment plans just purchase from our Wild Coast Overland Site and pay by paybright!
These fridge/freezers are a big hit when it comes to camping of any sort, no more ice or soggy mess in a cooler! Set either side to a fridge or freezer or set both to either fridge or freezer, incredibly versatile and so easy and reliable. year warranty , transit bag and remote control all included.
The low profile models are ideal for under a tonneau cover in a truck or in a trailer where height is more restrictive
Below are all the models we carry, fantastic products well worth every penny!
Check out Snomaster.ca
Once again the leaves have changed color, the wind is blowing them off in a hurry… fall is well on its way now and winter is lurking once again. BUT if you are a camper, don’t despair, after all there is nothing better than camping in a Helsport Dome, Pasvick, Varanger or Finnmark tent, all of which can accommodate a wood stove. These lavuu tents will keep you all cozy and warm! Be it fall or winter these tents are so easy to set up, add a stove setup and there is no need to feel cold or miserable camping in the winter.
The Gstove is fantastic for this application, allowing one to cook all your meals with ease. Now with the oven and additional pipe cooking space, there is no shortage of cooking space! Make a lasagna, apple pie or quiche, these are all doable on the Gstove, no need to be a culinary expert! Add a couple reindeer skins for insulation under your sleeping bag and you are all set for a wonderful fall/winter camping experience!
Far too few people balk at the idea of winter camping for fear of the cold but really if you have the right gear it is an incredible experience. Try it this winter you may soon become addicted to the beauty and ease of winter camping!
Low Profile Snomaster fridge/Freezer new model arriving soon!
Our new shipment arrives mid Aug and we have a new model coming in .. a lot of you have been asking about a low profile model, this is an awesome fridge/freezer and has all the capabilities of the other Snomaster models.
If you are interested in one of these awesome fridge/freezers you can backorder on our site to be sure you get yours!
We also offer easy payment plans now with Paybright for those that want easy monthly payments, just email or call and we can get you all set up.
All our Snomaster prices INCLUDE shipping!
LOW PROFILE SERIES
SMDZ-LP66D Stainless Steel AC/DC Fridge/Freezer
So new in fact we don’t have an pic of the double door one, but imagine the photos below as a double door 🙂
Dual AC/DC 12/24 DC 110/220 AC fridge or freezer with Stainless steel cabinet, hinges, locks and handles and Lid open Alarm.
3 Internal baskets included, Each compartment can be set independently -8ºF to 50ºF, Digital thermostat, LED Light /Lid alarm. Transit bag and remote included.
12/24 V DC 120 V AC
Size: 31.5. x 18.5 x 18.50″ 825 W x 500 D x 470 H mm’s
Capacity: 67 Liter (Dual compartment) (32.7 / 33.22 split)
Running Current: 2.5, 5 or Variable @ 12 V DC, average run time 12 hours in 24
Power Consumption: 66 watt
Weight: 57lbs, 26Kg
12/24 V DC 120 V AC
Temp Range 50F to -8F, 10c to -22c
Running Current: 2.5, 5 or Variable Amps @ 12 V DC, average run time 12 hours in 24
66 Watt Snomaster compressor
Cut out Voltage 3 settings: 10/10.7/11.8 Volts @ 12 V DC
Interior LED Light
60mm Polyurethane Insulation
Improved Transit Bag
3 min delay protection start up
On / off Switch
Power Consumption: 66 watt
Free Bottle Opener
Weight: 57lbs, 26Kg
Low Profile to fit under tonneau Covers (low profile & can fit under most tonneau covers)
Stainless Steel Construction
Dual Compartment, Dual Door (not as pictured- waiting for updated images)
3 Internal baskets included
Transit Bag Included
Wireless Remote, Solar
End/Front/Back discharging to reduce overheating potential.
5 Year Compressor Warranty
The first weekend “real use” of the scout trailer and we have to say we are both impressed with this trailer! It tracks extremely well, so well in fact that fully loaded we had to keep looking back to see it was still there, we really did not feel this trailer at all, which makes for really easy driving and we had her loaded!
We put a Snomaster 42s in one of the back sliders with a battery pack behind it for all the lights and the fridge. On the slider next to the fridge we made a custom box to sit on the slider so we could pack her to the hilt 🙂
We also designed a little table top that sits on the wheel well for additional cooking space, which was tremendous!
We had a sundogx on the top of the scout and a 270 awning which both served their purpose more than adequately!
Below are our setups, a scout trailer with a sundogx and 270 awning and a F150 with a big sky and a 270 awning, lots of mods to both setups. More on the mods as we prepare for our trip in September around Labrador and Newfoundland.