Project M101 has begun…
Well dust has started to fly and drill and sanders are working overtime…
This is how it arrived to us, a wooden lid and lots of work ahead of us, but so cool never the less!
- We removed the wooden lid and wooden compartments inside turned it over and started to strip off parts
- We then started sanding and stripping of flaky paint and rust, we were surprised at how little rust there was, the base had been undercoated so that was just dirty but rust free.
Still a lot more cleaning up to do of rust and old paint but i think this is going to look pretty spectacular when done… then we have another two, in the pot below, to do… 🙂 looks like we are suckers for punishment!
Today we did some painting of the parts below, we also painted the rims on the tires still have to post photos of those.
Tomorrow the fun job of undercoating begins 🙁
Today June 19 – we started to paint a first coat on the axle and the springs
Put the tires back on and have decided to do the undercoating once all the wiring is redone.
This is shaping up nicely and is super solid!
Undercoating is done and now it is off to get painted and re-wired!
Painted and re-wired looking absolutely awesome! Next step is to get the cover on and a roof top tent..